List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Project: Konqueror/Embedded for Qtopia
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva.brucherseifer () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2006-01-19 15:41:44

Hi Luciano,

> > Therefore I'd like to suggest the following:
> > - we create a 3.5 branch for kdenox, which moves along the kdelibs 3.5
> > branch. - you can then work on kdenox trunk to work with kdelibs trunk
> > - we will very likely create a work branch of kdenox which works without
> > copying and patching kdelibs file (with local copies), for easier
> > synchronisation in our team.
> >
> > Also we'd like to move on with this already this week, as our schedule is
> > tight (deadline is end of march).
> >
> > Is that ok for you?
>
> It's ok for me, but I think I'll not start really on KDE4 porting for a
> while yet. In this case, I can make my regular snapshots fron the head,
> until things get stable again, or until I begin Qt4 porting work again on
> head. But since your project schedule is so tight, we'll have KDE3.5
> snapshots too, for the upcoming dot releases, if they are needed.

What do you plan to work on in Konq/E 3.5 branch? Will it be fundamentally?

This sounds as if we should just commit our stuff to trunk and branch off the
3.5 version once you want to start with Qt4. Then we might have an additional
work branch for the kdesrc dir (which we even could have on an internal
server, as it isn't really of importance).

In that case we'll wait another few days, so that you can create the snapshot
during the weekend and start to commit our stuff on monday.

Let's decide that soon, so that we can move on.

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de