List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Project: Konqueror/Embedded for Qtopia
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva.brucherseifer () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2006-01-17 12:36:28

Hi Luciano,

> > > Ok, from your mail I understand, that you suggest that we develop
> > > directly in kdenox and maybe even kdelibs. Is that ok for everybody?
> >
> > From next week on, it's fine with me if you want to work on the trunk.
> > I'll prepare a snapshot during the weekend; after that, it's ok if the
> > repository gets a bit unstable. Plus, many points of your todo will be
> > generally useful.
>
> Ok. If we work on the same code base the chance that stuff will be
> available later on is much bigger. You probably know how projects are -
> time is short and motivation for extra work like merging things back
> decreases.
>
> So if it is doable for us to work on one code basis (kdenox), it probably
> gives the best results. Regarding kdelibs I'd stay with 3.5 for now and
> maybe not change too much stuff over there. But maybe we can discuss this
> later once we have concrete things.

we've discussed this in our team and we are not so sure anymore, this would
work at all. For the Qt4 port you'll probably switch to kdelibs from trunk,
which is already different from current kdelibs 3.5. Also Qt4 is very
different from Qt3 and we already have problems to keep Qt3 and Qt2 code
together. Trying to support 3 Qt versions would very likely result in patch
hell and we would not come to a working solution.

Therefore I'd like to suggest the following:
- we create a 3.5 branch for kdenox, which moves along the kdelibs 3.5 branch.
- you can then work on kdenox trunk to work with kdelibs trunk
- we will very likely create a work branch of kdenox which works without
copying and patching kdelibs file (with local copies), for easier
synchronisation in our team.

Also we'd like to move on with this already this week, as our schedule is
tight (deadline is end of march).

Is that ok for you?

Greetings,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de