List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Project: Konqueror/Embedded for Qtopia
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2006-01-13 13:18:03

On Friday 13 January 2006 13:55, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> Hi Lorn,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2006 18:22 schrieb Lorn Potter:
> > FYI There already is an older version of konqe working for Qtopia and
> > friends.. ported long ago and in a land far far away..
> >
> > http://devel-home.kde.org/~hausmann/snapshots/Attic/
>
> Thanks for the reminder :-) The code has become quite different in the
> meantime, but sometimes it's good to get ideas.
>
> > > - Port to Qt2 & Qtopia, as necessary fix font handling, encoding
> > > detection, alpha blending for Qt2
> > > - GUI framework for the special display design (640x240, landscape)
> > > - persistent cookies, accept all cookies automatically
> > > - tab-browsing (as multi-windows) and popup management
> >
> > There is a tabs patch I can email you for the above source code of old
> > konqe. :)
>
> That would be great.
>
> The solution we'll implement will very likely be a multi-window solution
> on a patched Qtopia which shows icons in the tabbar for each browser
> window.

Actually, multiple views are already implemented in konqueror embedded.
You can use the "file" button menu to open another view, and the rightmost
icon to switch between views. All you have to do is rework the icon bar or
add another way to select the preferred view. Or am I missing something
else?

Do you want to be able to open independent top level windows for popups?

That too should be doable, but probably will need some more coding.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
              \\ //