List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: QT/E-3.x
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-03-10 10:39:57

El Miércoles 09 Marzo 2005 16:38, Holger Schurig escribió:
> > My main focus currently is on a stripped down konqueror that does not
> > require the full KDE environment, and I am currently in the process of
> > porting the embedded browser to kdelibs 3.4. KDE 3.4 is not really out
> > of the door yet, so it's still a bit of a moving target.
>
> This sounds good. I always disliked Konq/E because it was based on an
> ancient KDE version (3.1 or even pre 3.1). It had massive problems with
> simple java script and CSS.

Actually, I have tried keeping up with kdelibs versions. There are patches
to make it work with kdelibs 3.2 and kdelibs 3.3 in CVS, although I suspect
they may no longer work at this time.

Anyway, it seems my client is finally interested in upgrading the KHTML
code, so I'll have time to work on this much more now.

> To help getting kdenox/konqe into shape: do one needs KDE CVS access?

It's enough to have anonymous access, for now. You can post patches on this
list for the time being. But if you are serious about contributing, a CVS
account could be easily arranged.

What really needs to be done now is testing on the various platforms.
As I said, I rarely do any development with Qt/E, so there may be problems
there. I'll try to make adjustments later on, but now I have to concentrate
on Qt/X11. But if patches or error logs are provided, I can integrate them.

> Also, if we get a newer version of Konq/E working, I'm willing to make an
> OpenEmbedded .bb file (http://www.openembedded.org)

I'll have a look at the site.
Thanks for the link,

Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root