List:       konq-e
Subject:    OT: RE: Confidentiality
From:       warren.moore () anthropics ! com
Date:       2002-08-28 14:30:11

Posting to public mail lists is fine with our policy and the signature as a
public mail list is the intended recipient. UK law may be restrictive but
not to the point that an email signature can be counted as an implied
contract of confidentiality with all the recipients, particularly given that
the contract is unsolicited.

Unfortunately, signatures like this had nothing to do with the restrictive
policies on UK mail archives. That was down to the demon case where an
archive was held responsible for the libellous postings it archived (like a
newspaper/publisher) yet couldn't protect the details of its source (unlike
a newspaper/publisher). British companies do have a lot of clout if you
email anything nasty about them...

I'm surprised you haven't seen more of these overweight corporate
signatures? Mine was quite small in comparison to some I've seen, but I
shall not attach it to these posts as I didn't and don't intend to discuss
anything confidential :o)
Cheers,

Warren