List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Confidentiality
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2002-08-28 13:31:29

----- Original Message -----
From: <warren.moore@anthropics.com>
To: <konq-e@mail.kde.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 3:42 PM
Subject: RE: Confidentiality (was: Part/plugin development?)

> Hey hey, I'm pretty sure that if the intended recipient is a public mail
> list then any implied confidentiality does go out the window, although
I'll
> leave it off if it annoys you (will apologise in advance if I don't - it's
> on by default and a pain to remember).
> As for the sig, you're preaching to the choir but corporate policy must be
> obeyed, and bad policies aren't exactly UK-specific.
> Cheers,
>
> Warren

Does this kind of corporate policy allow you to post here? I doubt so. If
your policy requires you not to discuss anything publicly then your place is
not here. I hope it was just a mistake in adding the wrong signature text.
In this case you may consider using some form of disclaimer text.

Unfortunately stupid laws have provided ways for companies or persons to
request withdrawal of their messages - something technically difficult or
unfesable without major disturbance. As a result most lists now require that
posters are registered and they explicitely drop any rights regarding their
posts. In UK - which now has a MUCH tougher legislation - they had to drop
from the lists anybody who did not agree with the new rules.

We probably should do the same to prevent future claims.

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673