List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: media file handling??
From:       Tobias Anton <Tobias.Anton () esc-electronics ! de>
Date:       2002-08-23 8:39:04

On Friday 23 August 2002 02:35, Zhan Peng-FPZ007 wrote:
> I just downloaded the konqueror-embedded, and it works on my sharp zaurus.
> I was just wondering  how the browser handles different media file types
> which is Already very popular among webpages like "mpeg", "wav"...
> I tried to use the "[External Protocol]" but it only starts the application
> without downloading the media file.
>
> Here is my file:
>
> "[External Protocol]
> playmovie=mpegplayer" is in my "konqueremrc" file
>
> The webpage looks something like "...Action="playmovie:comet.mpg" ..."

I'm not sure whether a URL with a different protocol but is allowed to have no
Host. Additionally, this can result in a POST operation, which may not work
with external protocols either, but I'm not sure about that.

Try a link like this: <A HREF="playmovie://my.host.com/path/to/file.mpg">

Does that work?

Tobias