List:       konq-e
Subject:    How to implement user protocols?
From:       Sebastian Stoecklein <stoecklein () web ! de>
Date:       2002-06-21 15:02:11

Hi,

is there another way to implement a user defined protocol besides the method \
described in the "sort-of FAQ" ?

My task is this: implement a protocol where the konq-e sends some data to a daemon \
(using a socket) and let konq-e display some kind of XML data received through \
another socket. The easiest way to do this would be via the KIOSlave technique \
implemented in KDE - but as I discovered, this technique doesn't work for konq-e :-( \
Is there another simple way to develop the task above - or do I have to go into \
detail of  the konq-e sourcecode?

In advance,
  Sebastian Stoecklein