List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KPresenter (Auto Presentation wait time)
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-07-29 16:55:06

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 07:49:47PM +0900, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:

> Ah, I see. Thank you for advice. I remade a patch.
> Even "Effect for changing to next page: No effect" works fine.

Great! Just one thing (without knowing the code, so please ignore me
if this is taken care of already): the static QTimer::singleShot() method
is always a bit problematic, because you can't stop the timer. E.g what
happens if the user manually switched to the next page already? In that
case, the timer should probably get stopped and restarted (not possible
with the static method).

As Lukas told us, painting is possible during the presentation, so IMHO
the timer should also get paused during that operation, so that it doesn't
jump to the next page while you're still painting. Good behavior for that
case would IMHO be: when the timer times out and you're still painting,
stop and restart it with a reasonable timeout of e.g. 5s (or the configured
time if that's less).

When stopping painting before the timer fires, make sure the timer won't fire
before the next 5s (or the configured time, if less).

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer