List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The road ahead
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-25 23:12:14

On Monday 23 July 2001 02:25 am, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> Now if  Koffice/KDE allowed/supported Kivio to be included as a non-gpl,
> but source  available application that is Qt based instead of KDE based,

No that is unacceptable. Kivio doesn't necaserilly need to be a gpl
application, but it does need to have an "Open Source" license that includes
free redestribution among others. A non-KDE-based Kivio doesn't have a place
in KDE or KOffice.

I wonder what your plans are though, if you intent to fork Kivio, can KDE
keep using the name "Kivio" for the version that is part of KDE? Otherwise we
better change the name now. I assume at least that "Kivio" is a trademark of
theKompany? Can you confirm that?

Cheers,
Waldo
--