List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KPresenter (Color tool bar Button)
From:       Toshitaka Fujioka <toshitaka () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2001-07-07 10:04:33

On Friday 06 July 2001 22:30, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2001 15:42, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> > I explain.
> > Your patch broken feature of one. I applied a color when I clicked
> > picture icon (TK... icon have two icons. picture icon and under arrow
> > icon) formerly. I open "KColorDialog" when I clicked picture icon in your
> > patch.
>
> Hmm, I only half understand. This is about clicking on the toolbar button
> itself (not opening the submenu), I see. But the fact that it opens a
> dialog is a feature - at least in KWord. Since the button always shows the
> color of the text under the cursor, clicking on it would do nothing. The
> point of this action is to _select_ a color to apply.

I see.

> You seem to want to apply the color of the button directly. Is this because
> KPresenter doesn't show the color of the selected text object in the action
> ??

Yes.

>(If it does, what good would this patch do ?).
> Please elaborate.

It is unification of user interface. I consider two buttons to be needless in
order to open color dialog. Picture icon applies a direct color. Under arrow
icon opens color dialog. Even if picture icon doesn't work with KWord.

> If clicking on the button shouldn't always open the dialog for choosing a
> color, depending on the application, then the fix is to make this behaviour
> configurable (some setBlah() method that changes the behaviour of the
> action).

No, I think that the same icons should do the same action. Because, I think
that a user is confused.

This is my opinion.
Thank you.
--
Toshitaka Fujioka
http://www.kde.org                The K Desktop Environment Project

-- We offer the best Desktop Environment to you.  (This is my goal. ;-)) --