List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe and KIllustrator
From:       Bart Szyszka <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-07-02 20:38:26

> So, you think "Draw" is a save bid?
> Let's go for it than.

I think KDraw would be the wrong way to go especially since Corel uses
CorelDraw and they have Linux versions of their products. KVector or
veKtor sounds better, though a little boring. Have you guys considered
anything like KDE Illustration Program (KIP for short) or something else
longer that's turned into an acronym? KIWI -> KDE Illustrative Worker's
I-something-that-starts-with-an-i. KITE -> KDE Ilustration Tool E-something-
that-starts-with-an-e. I'd like KITE once the E would be filled in. A kite
would make a nice colorful logo.

It would be nice for KIllustrator to just have its own unique name. If
I remember correctly, that was the premise behind changing KImageShop,
which sounded like a rip-off of PhotoShop, to Krayon.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee  ...is here to save the Web!