List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Another problem with a KChart file (or is it the same?)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-07-01 22:21:58

While trying to gain information about the problem I have found loading a
KChart file, I have found a (another?) problem in the file format of KChart.

The XML declaration ( <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> ) of such a file
is written at the tail of the maindoc.xml instead of being written at the
very beginning. This makes the KChart maindoc.xml file out of XML-conformance.

KChart seems not to be able to load such files (I suppose that QT 2.3.1 is
stricter than some of it predecessors and rejects those files, in the way a
XML reader is allowed to do.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!

PS.: as the bug is severe, I have also made an official bug report (number
pending.)