List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Frame (text) is not exported correctly to HTML (from KWord)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-13 19:42:35

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 11:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
|   On Wednesday, 13. June 2001 13:02, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|   >
|   > Frame (text) is not exported correctly to HTML (from KWord).
|
|   The DTP mode of KWord is not supported for exporting HTML, only the
|   wordprocessing mode is.  Therefore frames are not supported!

Is it planned (to support exporting in DTP mode)?

|   > I guess following fragment of code should be generated finally by
|   > KWord: (between "start" and "end" comments
|   > I provide example of embedding text/html object (which is similar to
|   > IFRAME in HTML 4.0), with specifying "width" and "height" (placeholder
|   > on the page) In addition, you can apply on OBJECT tag external CSS
|   > formatting.
|
|   If you use CSS, you do not need an <OBJECT>, any <P> for example could be
| as good.

for text/html -yes.
But if you embed sound (MIDI / WAV / mp3 ), Video or Java applet inside
document (which is not implemented yet in KWord, but can be added in the
future) - you will need OBJECT for them.

tags EMBED and APPLET are depreciated, and it' recommended to use OBJECT
instead of them.

|   I am decreasing the severity of this KDE bug #27135 to "wishlist".

ok, thanks!

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)