List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for kspell before kde2.2beta1
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-12 12:18:24

Le Mardi 12 Juin 2001 12:53, Thomas Zander a écrit :

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:27:16AM +0200, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that kde2.2beta1 is frozen, but I didn't have time to commit this
> > patch yesterday.
> > But it's very important for kword.
> > This patch allows to not check word which are upper case (example for
> > first name Laurent)
> > or word are TITLE case ( for example for a company name TOTO)
> >

> > It's very important for kword, because kspell is very limited for the
> > moment.
>
> Just a question;
> Do you know German? In german there are a lot of words that are
> capitalized, and should be checked normally.

No sorry I don't know german.
But in all language there is some capitalized which should be checked, but
there are a lot of word (as company name) which doesn't checked.

> As your patch does not include any GUI itself, I am wondering how you plan
> to handle such cases.
>
> Certainly because KOffice is (suppost to be) in a feature freeze as well as
> KDE-core, which means that adding this in the GUI would not be possible
> anyway.

We can create a exception widget as for abreviation, but as koffice is frozen
I can't.

All code is in kword, so can I apply or not my patch ?

Bye