List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Future (KIllustrator, Karbon)
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-08 7:14:41

> This is one *opinionated* way of seeing things. KIllustrator's (and Corel's

Yes, i'm aware that one can't really argue about it. It's a matter of
taste and i have the same taste as the Adobe-guys, /me thinks. ;)

> you depict it in your screenshot. KIllustrator attempts to offer this too,
> but right now, turning a circle into a path requires 30 seconds on a rather
> fast machine, blocks KIllu's GUI for the mean time and it ends into a huge
> number of nodes plastered on the circle.

Yes, i discovered this too. Circles get rendered into some kind of
pixel-circle, consisting completly out of vertical and horizontal
lines. No beziers.

> has the user base and the rather large feature selection, karbon has your
> very nice and new code and the potential to bring to the reunited app a
> devoted maintainer. Which would be great for KOffice in general.

Hey, KIllustrator has a good maintainer already, it's Igor. :)

> > I would be more than happy to put my energy into KIllustrator, but i won't
> > if certain dogmas/implementation are not wished to be changed.
>
> The key word is *collaboration* I believe that it was already proven in our
> community, that no dogma/idea/religious belief is closed for discussion as
> long as we remain reasonable and good-willing and focused.

Hm, the biggest problem i see, is colliding tastes...