List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Labels
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-02 9:47:10

On Saturday 02 June 2001 12:36, Werner Trobin wrote:
> > > I encounter one bug.  I was able to name my template but was not able to a
> > > start a new document using it if I use parenthesis in the name i.e. "Avery
> > > (R) 2638".
> >
> > sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token \
> >                 `/home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/kword/templates/Pagelayout/.source/a(r'
> >
> > sh: -c: line 1: `cp /home/dfaure/.kde/tmp-faure/kworddhnYZb.kwt \
> > /home/dfaure/.kde/share/apps/kword/templates/Pagelayout/.source/a(r)a.kwt'
> > Hihi, who's been using "cp" ?
>
> Hehe, well, we discussed that. Or was it with Simon. However, back
> then we came to the conclusion that KIO::NetAccess is overkill and
> a simply cp should do... :}

> ).
Maybe a perl-like solution would be better ? That is, implement a simple local-files
copy mechanism, with open both/read in one/write in the other/close both.
Bah, NetAccess will work too. It's just that I have bad memories from when NetAccess
was used for the imagepreview in konq, and was leading to strange crashes due to
timing issues. One NetAccess is okay, but 50 in a row (from different event loop \
levels etc.) can lead to trouble apparently.