List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KTempFile wierdness
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 22:51:41

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 22:36, David Faure wrote:
> ... Another solution would be to create a new kofiltermanager for each
> conversion to be done. This might even be much simpler.
> It's a singleton currently, but this makes only sense at the KoDocument
> level (only one can get converted at a time...). Hmm, even that isn't
> really true anymore, with out-of-process conversion (and a slow machine,
> and a quick user :)

I vote for this. In fact, sicne we don't have BC issues outside KOffice
(yet), perhaps it would be best to fold KoFilterManagerPrivate's current
members back into KoFilterManager at the same time?

The only thing I am not sure about is the business of stacking dialogs. i am
not quite sure what that means.

> BTW I volunteer to implement whichever solution we choose for
> KoFilterManager, since Werner has no time. But I'll wait for him to speak
> up first, since this is his stuff :)

Thanks, Shaheed