List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Visio file format
From:       Landshark <root () verticaladdiction ! net>
Date:       2001-05-21 18:12:56

The problem with that is I don't have smart stencils in Kivio yet.

Many of Visio's stencils rely on formulas such as

drawLine( width-5.0, height-5.0, width, height)

or something like that.

I haven't implemented that yet.

-dave

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:17:42AM +0000, Kent Nguyen wrote:
> I want to import the stencils from Visio.  They have quite a few :)
>
> I've contacted Microsoft about giving me some documentations on the Visio
> file format.  Once they provide the necessary specification to the file
> format, importing can be quite easy.
>
> If not, I'll take screenshots of all Visio stencils, and do some cut and
> paste.  Then write .sml file to the cutted image.  Microsoft "shared source"
> philosophy allows me to share this amongst my peers.  So no legal issue here.
>
> --kent
>
> On Sunday 20 May 2001 02:27 pm, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> > Are you trying to build an import filter?  We've looked and looked and
> > can't find a file format for Visio anywhere, it's just going to be a
> > painful process of reverse engineering the file as you add pieces to a
> > drawing.
> >
> > At 02:47 AM 5/20/2001, you wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I was using "file" and "khexedit" to pierce into Visio stencil file format
> > >(.vss).  I didn't get any where far.
> > >
> > >Has anyone here look at Visio stencils?  If so, have anyone written a
> > > design how Visio stencils work?
> > >
> > >This is what I'm interested in the Visio stencils:
> > >1)  Extraction of the image
> > >2)  Extraction of the connector points
> > >3)  Dimension of the shape
> > >4)  Extracting of the name of the image
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >--kent
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Shawn Gordon
> > President
> > theKompany.com
> > www.thekompany.com
> > 949-713-3276

| Dave Marotti                | Looking for a Visio alternative for *nix?    |
| lndshark ! speakeasy net    | Kivio : http://thekompany.com/projects/kivio |