List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Dynamic plugin-based variables for KWord
From:       "Claus O. Wilke" <wilke () caltech ! edu>
Date:       2001-04-26 22:52:28

> This by the way also would make it possible for other people to further
> edit a text (which do not have the plugin, or do not have data associated
> with the plug-in).

Yes, preferably the text should be write protected and somehow marked
internally, so that the plugin knows what it wrote where when it updates the
data. On request, the user should be able to remove the write protection. At
that point, the plugin would relinquish the responsibility for the text, and
the user would take over. In case the plugin is not available, the write
protection could be removed automatically (in order to make this transparent
to the user who loads a document that somebody else prepared).

I don't know if the rich text engine supports this, though. David?

Claus
--
Claus Wilke

Mail Code 136-93, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125
Tel.: 626 395 2338, Fax:  626 564 9651
wilke@caltech.edu, wilke@gmx.net, wilke@alife.org