List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kword UI
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2001-04-18 8:30:41

Hi,

I just tried the new kword :-)

I had two problems with the UI.
First I wanted to insert a killu vector graphic. I looked in insert and tried
"insert picture", but it didn't work. I continued searching the menus, until
actually the only thing left was "insert object", ok, now I found it.
I would have expected something like insert -> insert vector graphic, or
something like this. To emphasize that we embed a graphic from another app,
it could also be named "embed vector graphic" (the same of course for tables
and so on). IMO it shouldn't be that obvious for the user that he does
something different when inserting a vector graphic as opposed to insert a
picture.

The second problem was how to get rid of the inserted killu graphic again. I
tried to position the cursor "behind" the killu frame and pressed backspace,
still there. I did "select all", delete, still there. wrote some more text,
selected everything by hand, delete, still there.
Since I knew (from the mailinglists) that kword is "frame-oriented", I
thought I might have to switch to "edit frames" mode first, I did it, and now
I could delete it. It would be nice if it would be possible to select a frame
also in "text edit" mode, e.g by dragging with the mouse or "select all".
I don't know how hard this is to implement, I just wanted to give some
feedback :-)

Bye
Alex