List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New status report about the new KWord filter problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-15 22:53:04

On Thursday 15 March 2001 22:09, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Okay, I have made an emergency update in CVS for the AbiWord, ASCII and HTML \
> filter.
Thanks.

> However, I have noticed that it only solves very partially the problem.
>
> You can export paragraphs that are either:
> - totally formatted only by style/layout (this is new for those three filters)
> - totally formatted by hand (every character is formatted differently than the \
> style/layout of the paragraph)

Ah yes, this was done to reduce the size of the file.
There is a "default paragraph layout" (explicitely given for each paragraph),
and only changes compared to that layout - as before, with "from character
5 to character 20".

The old DTD already allowed that - it's just that KWord wasn't using that.

> The problem exists for all other export filters derived from the asciiexport.cc \
> file. (The majority of KWord's filter, including the new RTF one)
> Additionally in those, text of paragraphs only formatted by style/layout are not \
> exported.

That's a design problem in the filters then, the text should be
exported even if there is no formatting info for it ;-)

> Another problem I have found is that now, an extra space appears before the end tag \
> </TEXT>. It would be good if this extra space would disapear again.

Oh it's still there ? I saw mails about it but didn't notice it in the files.
That's internal to KWord. I'll remove it.