List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Why do we need a CVS-fresh KdeLibs to compile Koffice? (was: RE: [BUG] Cannot compile plugins/sc
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-12 21:23:10

On Monday 12 March 2001 20:17, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> For the second time since I know the KOffice project, the compatibility of
> KOffice to the last *stable* KdeLibs has been broken!
>
> Personnally, I do *not* think it is good!
>
> At first, David Faure has said in its KOffice schedule that the KOffice
> version is independant of the KDE version. De facto, this is just not true!
>
> Secondly, it does not permit normal users that want to use the new KOffice
> to just grab the CVS version and to *test* it!
>
> Third, it does not permit potential developpers with small computers to
> help us. They cannot just afford (time) to compile KdeLibs every then and
> when.

Right, we should be careful with such things - without preventing such
developments, however.

Either we should test for kscan.h or test for the version number in kapp.h
and activate the new features only if a recent enough kdelibs is there.

For this case (a whole directory), a configure check is easier.
Added, please test (you need to re-run Makefile.cvs).