List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: opinions for some killustrator issues wanted
From:       Kai-Uwe Sattler <kus () iti ! CS ! Uni-Magdeburg ! De>
Date:       2001-02-26 12:22:46

On Sunday 25 February 2001 23:52, aleXXX wrote:
> 2.) Drawing is quite slow. I will have a look at the double buffering in
> Canvas. Furthermore each graphical object (e.g. circle) is stored
> internally with its original dimensions, if you move or scale or rotate it
> or whatever, a matrix belonging to the object is changed, which represents
> the operation. All this is done by computing with floats on every redraw.
> Now I', thinking whether it would speed things up to compute the new
> dimensions of a graphic object in pixels on the screen only then new, if
> the object changed (scaled, moved, translated). Then no computations would
> be required for most redraws. Do you think this could be worth it ?
It could help, but not in each case. If you group several objects and
transform the group the object you have at least three transformation steps:
1) globally (zoom)
2) the groups matrix
3) the matrix of the object.

> 3.) Is anybody outthere who completely understands how killu draws stuff ?
> E.g. until now I don't understand why objects snapped to the grid are not
> drawn exactly above the grid.
I think, at least I should understand it ;-) Yes, I know this problem and
it's very annoying. I could imagine that it is caused by using floats for
object positions. Perhaps we should change all floats to double ...
Kai
--
Kai-Uwe Sattler
E-Mail: kus@iti.cs.uni-magdeburg.de, k.sattler@computer.org