List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice and KDE 2.1
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2001-02-22 7:30:10

> The confusion is understandable.  Whenever someone mentions KOffice
> along with KDE 2.1 you hear some developer saying KOffice is not being
> distributed.  Well, the real story is, a new version is not being
> distributed, but I would think KOffice benefits from the kdelibs
> improvements like everything else.  Question is, is there any benefit to
> recompiling kdelibs against KDE 2.1 (yes, I know there is binary
> compatability, but I ask anyway).

 Being shared libraries, the recompilation would not change anything, the
library improvements will happen without the need of recompilation.

 I think we just need to mention in the announcement that they work.

 On the other hand: we might make a "technology preview" release at some
moment let's say in a month from now. I think that everything else besides
KWord actually is more stable now than at 2.0 and the new components are
definitely worth to be showed at some moment.

    Lotzi