List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KFormula 2
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-06 21:07:40

On Tuesday 06 February 2001 18:27, Andrea Rizzi wrote:
> We plan to work in the old kformulapart keeping some of its structure and
> of its code. The libkformula of kdelibkformula is totally different
> structured (in few words the formula is a string parsed(or at least a
> part of the string) each time). So we can keep in the koffice/kformula
> the library and the part separated but note that this library is totally
> different from the one you are actually using in kspread,kword etc.
>
> There are too many problems with libkformula (i.e. koffice/lib/kformula)
> structure.
> I think we can one day substitute the actual libkformula with one derived
> from the kformulapart (in this case we will convert everything of
> kformulapart to a libkformula and then we use the library in kformula
> part).
>
> I think we cannot modify libkformula now (porting it to the new structure)
> because it will break all the koffice apps that rely on it
> (kspread,kword..).

The plan to create the library under koffice/kformula, with a wrapper part around it,
sounds VERY good to me, if you're using that the libkformula isn't what you'd like
it to be.
Plan sounds great, go ahead ! :)

BTW I volunteer to help integrating the future kformula library with the
future KWord :-)