List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: question about kword
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-01-12 21:01:39

> Hello,
>
> I had a look at kword's sources but could not find the answer to the
> following (elaborate) question:
>
> How does kword implement it's paragraph's, section, and (un)number lists?

It does so in char.cc and others. But I must immidiately ask why?
As kword's deeper structures are being rewritter at the moment it would be
a waste if you started coding something for the old structure.

> For example, with a number section kword has to draw the section number and
> then allow the user to enter text. How does this work: what widgets are used
> to implement this? How is the document stored internally (as a list of
> insets?)?

The style has a numeration and this is rendered in the rendering code causing
the indent.
There is just one widget used for the rendering of the content, it is the one
in page.cc, but all frames are drawn on top of that (using QPainter).

The structure of the document is perhaps best seen in the saved files.
If you save a kword file, open it with a 'tar -xzf kwordfile.kwd' and you will
see a .xml file appearing. Look at that, and the description of the general
xml format in koffice/kword/dtd/kword.dtd to see how it works.

> Plenty of silly questions on which I hope to find some answers.
>
> You input is GREATLY appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

No problem ;)