List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug in Qt
From:       Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle () ID-PRO ! de>
Date:       2000-12-06 14:17:18

David Faure wrote:

> Wolf-Michael Bolle wrote:
>
>> for the SGML import filter I'm writing I was trying to import text that
>> contains special characters like '<', '>' and '&'. The Qt DOM classes seem
>> to do the conversion to &lt;", "&gt;", and "&amp;" by themselves. The
>> function that acually does the work is encodeAttr () which is in
>> qt/src/xml/qdom.cpp:
>>
>> <...>
>>
>> There is no case for '>' though.
>
> I think this is intentionnal.
> The parser doesn't stop on blah="value>" because the > can't be the end of a
> tag, since it's inside the quotes.
>
> > Who do I have to talk to to get this fixed?
>
> qt-bugs@trolltech.com :)
>
>> I'm using the Qt library that was part of KDE 2.0. The sad thing is that
>> there is not even a workaround for my problem so I will have to deactivate
>> '>' for now because otherwise they will create havoc in the XML code.
>
> Are you sure it creates problems ? What happens exactly ? Is it QDom(QXml)
> that can't parse the resulting file, or is it some other parser (docbook?).
> If you have a test case that shows a bug in QDom -> qt-bugs@.

This is not about parsing. This is about creating XML code. I create a text
node in the DOM tree and pass over the text string with the method
createTextNode (). Every special character seems to get translated into the
&[...]; constructs but the greater sign. That's gotta be a bug.

Unless anybody knows of a better solution I will forward this to
qt-bugs@trolltech.com.

Michael

--
Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH * G.-Heinemann-Ring 135 * D-81739 München