List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug in Qt
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-06 12:44:54

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 12:36, Wolf-Michael Bolle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the SGML import filter I'm writing I was trying to import text that
> contains special characters like '<', '>' and '&'. The Qt DOM classes
> seem to do the conversion to "&lt;", "&gt;", and "&amp;" by themselves.
> The function that acually does the work is encodeAttr () which is in
> qt/src/xml/qdom.cpp:
>[]
>
> There is no case for '>' though.

I think this is intentionnal.
The parser doesn't stop on blah="value>" because the > can't be
the end of a tag, since it's inside the quotes.

qt-bugs@trolltech.com :)

> I'm using the Qt library that was part of KDE 2.0. The sad thing
> is that there is not even a workaround for my problem so I will have to
> deactivate '>' for now because otherwise they will create havoc in the
> XML code.

Are you sure it creates problems ? What happens exactly ? Is it QDom(QXml)
that can't parse the resulting file, or is it some other parser (docbook?).
If you have a test case that shows a bug in QDom -> qt-bugs@.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/