List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: (no subject) (random ramblings)
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-11-23 17:07:41

> > > It's the same in kword as well. What's the difference in showing one
> > > thing or another form the users pov ?
> >
> > If they are saved between session
>
> Ok, i bet i start to get on your nerves, but you mean

all IMOHO:

When I open a document or view there are 2 things to consider here;

- what toolbars are enabled
- what minor settings are set/unset.

In the case of the toolbars I believe this is a setting that is an application
setting. This means that it is saved in my application settings menu and is
used for every application instance.

Example:
 I have 2 documents open, thus 2 windows. I change the load/save toolbar in one
 window to be invisible.
 I then open another document, the toolbars I have just removed are also not
 shown in my new window. No-matter which document I opened.
 My second window still shows the toolbar, I did not change anything behind the
 back of my user.
 Behind the screens; the setting (.rc file) are saved at the moment I hide my
 toolbar, new windows load that new settings file.

Minor settings;

Things like default font, zoom and other small settings that you might want
to save. It should be decided whether they are document settings or application
settings. They should be saved accordingly (where they are saved is another matter).

If you set the zoom to 200% for example you want the document to open in 200%
the next time you open it.
So you should save those settings per document.