List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: new KWord
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-11-04 21:58:03

> Ok, while doing all these changes, I think we should also change the file
> format of KWord (that is actually the main reason why I write that mail). I'd
> like to define a new one which is clean XML, easier to read/parse, etc. Here
> I'd really like input from the people writing filters (esp. Shaheed), as they
> know best about file formats. But I think it is really worth defining a new
> one as the old one was not what I call clean...

I presume you are talking about the DTD here.

The design is pretty much top-down in the XML, plus the way things are
structured look good to me. It keeps good internal consistency (all
variables are done in xml-tags that are (almost) always present.)

The only 2 things I would change are
- make a tag groupmanager which contains its frame(set)s
- provide the option to keep the styles in an external file. But that is
  not a DTD specific option.

If I am not mistaking styles can already be based on other styles in the DTD,
so that is not a problem.

What kind of stuff ware you thinking about?