List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    MSWord/MSExcel have two mime types?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-11-02 21:56:00

I noticed that MSWord and MSExcel have grown extra mime types recently. For
example, the Patterns and MimeType items in the two files are set like this:

kdelibs/mimetypes/application/msword.desktop (new)
MimeType=application/msword
Patterns=*.doc;*.DOC;

kdelibs/mimetypes/application/msword2.desktop (old)
MimeType=application/vnd.ms-word
Patterns=                 <<<<< NOTE: this is empty
Now the MSWord and MSExcel import filters are written using the old mime
types. So, before I change them to use the new mime types, I wanted to ask
if it is possible to have two different MimeTypes for the same Patterns?

Thanks, Shaheed