List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       brian () amason ! net
Date:       2011-02-03 6:49:42

Having come recently to this brawl, I have no axe to grind and am impartial.

The way I see it there are some problems.

One group has split, formed a new development area, created chatroom, and
renamed one app.

The other group has done none of that. It appears from here they are
hoping to continue to use the original names to as much as they can.

KOffice, is dead. But no one has written the obituary yet, so all the
mourners are in denial.

So, I'll offer my 5% solution. Let's have a listing of who's developing
what in which group. It's ok to support both. You get counted twice. I'll
then flip a coin 7 times. Each side call it once, and whichever face lands
down the most wins the rights to the KOffice name.

Of course it's worse than that, because y'all are also still supporting
the last KOffice. It's sad, because obviously the name KOffice has value.
It has name recognition. It has instant association with KDE. Well ok,
that may not be valuable anymore thanks to KDE4, but that's another dead
horse. I prefer to kick only one dead horse at a time. ;')>

It's tough, I know y'all have put in a lot of effort and soul into this
project, but no good will come from endless bickering and throwing darts
and barbs back and forth at each other.

Brian