List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Split, before or after 2.3 ?
From:       Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-12-18 9:35:23

On Saturday 18 December 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Saturday 18. December 2010 09.29.04 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > Can we know when you will
> > respect your engagement to rename kspread, kpresenter, kivio, kplato,
> > kchart  and kformula ?
> >
> > I also would like to proceed with the removal of kexi as soon as
> > possible.
>
> The issue is stalled as there still is no place for the group A to gather
> and talk about names without all calligra people in between. :(
> Sorry for just being patient and not speaking up before, but I was waiting
> for the group that split off to leave the koffice communication channels.

Creating channel on freenode is free. I suggest the #koffice-name-meeting
channel for instance, no one from the calligra/koffice B group will join it,
and you can invite all the people who are interested in joining.

> As you wrote in the agreement;
>   «in case, the ev board does not give you the right to use the koffice
> name, to also rename the directory.»

This concern only the koffice directory.

> As you can expect this is something that needs to be talked about and I'm
> hoping this can be done without you putting extra time pressure on.
well, the original mail is more than a month old. So time, you had plenty. The
reason I am putting pressure on this matter is that by keeping the directory
in place it gives the false impression that this is an authoritative place to
get the source code from the kspread, kpresenter, kivio, kplato, kchart and
kformula teams. While all of them have actually moved to a different location.

I am sure it is in everyone's best interest to make sure there is no
confusion.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott