List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice Split, before or after 2.3 ?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-11-10 22:49:40

On Wednesday 10. November 2010 09.53.32 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2010, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > This is not for us to decide. We have forked, we should not destroy
> > what's left. Let the people who will continue working on the old branch
> > do what they like.
> >
> > A case could perhaps be made for applications like Krita where the
> > maintainer and the developer group has decided to move rather than fork,
> > but let's not touch the other apps.
>
> We are not forking, we are _splitting_. KOffice splits in two groups, and
> either side is free to _fork_ the applications that remain on the other
> side. But initially, Group A will just be KWord, Group B will be the rest,
> plus a fork of KWord.

This is not the case; I think I stated this some time ago but It can be
restated.
both Kexi and Krita are too big to be without maintainer and thus they can be
removed. The f-office app is not too interesting outside of N900 users and can be
removed too.

Anything else. This includes the plugins, the libraries, the filters and last,
the applications, should not be removed from svn.

If anyone has any issue with this please put your issues on the table and we
can work out how to proceed.

Thanks
--
Thomas Zander