List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Principles for new name
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-11-06 14:13:04

On Saturday 06 November 2010, Johannes Simon wrote:
> It is certainly a name with potential. It fulfills all the points Inge mentioned - \
> but one. It is not a good name for a software package that also ships a drawing \
> (and photo editing) application as well as a vector graphics editor. In fact, \
> "calligraphy" is very limited to a word processor. It has not much to do with \
> spreadsheets or data bases or flowcharts. Bottom line is, good name, but not in our \
> context.

I don't see that as a real problem, actually. These days, presentations and even \
spreadsheets are intended to be beautiful (kallos) and beautful when printed \
(graphein). And by the procrustean cutting off of the ending, the whole word becomes \
a lot more abstract, and then it might fit the other apps as well.

I'd be tempted to use s/C/K/, to make it even more abstract, but then we're in the \
kde-apps-are-with-k mood again :-)

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse