List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: What is "permute fixation"?
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-28 17:07:23

> > I encountered in KSpread with something I couldn't exactly understand,
> > namely string trio "Permute fixation", "Permute reference fixation",
> > "Permute the fixation of the reference at the text cursor". I'm not sure
> > what is "reference fixation" and ever less sure what does mean here
> > "permute". Any help?
>
> This is one that we hit in the Dutch translation a while back. In KSpread,
> you can have fixed and variable references cell A6 is something else than
> $A6 (special reference to column) or A$6 (special reference to row) and
> $A$6 (both special). I don't know which means what, but "Permute reference
> fixation" means "switch through the possible places to put the $ signs in
> a reference

This is food for thought.
Do we really, really need this action? seriously? how often do you have to do
this so that you need a special action to do it?  if it's so needed, does it
appear in other office suites?

I would propose to remove this action from the GUI as I feel is not relevant
enough to deserve its own place.
--
Carlos Licea