List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice split
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-10-27 16:22:58

On 27 October 2010 16:47, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 27. October 2010 13.48.09 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> > I agree with you there, the desktop vs mobile differentiation is not a
>> > good one. The differentiation I wrote about in my email is two groups
>> > that have a different focus, any focus. The focus itself is not the
>> > important part. In the last year this focus has been very strongly on
>> > the mobile version for commercial purposes. Its about the MSOffice
>> > compatibility and feature completeness. Again, not just mobile.
> []
>> For me it's also not business vs home/school user definitely.
> []
>> Moreover I failed to see why the recently rather intensified works
>> e.g. on charts compatibility is a bad and 'business' thing.
>
> Let me repeat; its NOT about the focus itself. The examples you give are of
> specific focus. To work on them or not is NOT the point and your counter shows
> you misunderstood. Bottom line is that I *do* think those are useful.
> But thats totally not the topic of this thread.

Well I leave what I wrote for considering of the community members,
those not initially involved in the hard decision of splitting.
Your reply in this thread and in many discussions, as I remember,
shows possible source of nasty issues. This includes claiming that the
discussion goes off topic or requesting for re-reading. Let's re-read
again then: you refer to FOCUS 7 times in your original post. And to
PRIORITIES 9 times. This is not a minor reference in my logic. I am
afraid we do not even have agreement about _what's your post about_,
so I am sorry but further dialogue is not very useful.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek