List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice version logics (unintentionally?) changed
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-09-29 11:07:07

On 29 September 2010 12:43, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:
> On onsdag 29 september 2010, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>> On 29 September 2010 12:10, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:
>
>> > On onsdag 29 september 2010, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>

>> > Yes I agree.
>

>> OK, are there objections that for 2.4 I consistently add
>
>> KOFFICE_VERSION_* to cmake directly as in
>
>> http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt and introduce
>
>> kofficeversion.h.cmake?
>
> What is the benefit of that ?

It makes the values, both string and numeric, available to the
buildsystem. Depending on type of package system, this may be useful
when creating packages. For now values need to be extracted out of the
header files. I think on windows there are benefits, the above change
for kdelibs were introduced by the KDE on Windows team.

BTW, also it's possible to create FindKOfficeLibs.cmake script
automatically later.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek