List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice policies and copyright policy
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2010-09-07 17:31:23

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 14:02:19 Dr. Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> > Exactly -- quoting a law isn't very useful. So until there's a KDE-wide
> > policy we should be as careful and as non-confrontational as possible,
> > and that means that nobody should remove someone's else's copyright line
> > without explicit permission from that person.
>
> Except in the case we discussed before where the copyright is unwarranted
> to begin with, right?
Actually no. If after discussing, the person is still not willing to retract
the copyright, we should go through a law process. Unlawfully removing and
later being convicted of doing something wrong will cost us dearly.

Now I do expect every developer to be civil about copyright issues and remove
a claim if the community at larges asks said person to do so. I mean: just
because we shouldn't remove it ourselves doesn't mean we can't make a strong
suggestion for a person to remove it.

Best regards
Casper