List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice policies and copyright policy
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-09-06 15:16:10

On Monday 06 September 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:

It took me a while to parse...

> "Copyright can not be removed, without the author consent,

This is the practical bit, right? It's equivalent to

"2) That you never know, and that it is safer not remove the copyright without the \
author agreement, or consulting a lawyer"

and not to

"1) That you can remove the copyright if the person's contribution are gone
from the file (after discussion with the author)"

but "author" is a bit nebulous, so I'd s/author consent/consent of the person \
referred to in the copyright line/.

> since in the case
> of incremental changes, each successive version is a derivative of the
> previous one.

Ack.

> There are cases when removing a copyright is desirable (ie, in

I'd s/desirable/necessary/.

> case of a need of changing a license, and one of the copyright holder, either
> disagree, or is not reachable anymore), in such case, a blackbox rewriting of
> the functions where the person we want to removed have made changes is needed"

Yes, I agree with this statement.