List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fine-grain KOffice source tree
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-08-24 13:38:02

My recommendation, for the git migration, is to follow the KDE wide policy for
repository setup.

And it is worth to mention that there is an up-coming (re)discussion (in kde-
scm-interest) around the question of "one git repo per module" vs "one git
repo per application".

However, since there is a will for Krita developers, in a distant future, to
be separated from the KOffice tree (and releases). In case, the "one git repo
per module" solution is adopted, it might be a good idea to separate Krita
from the KOffice tree at the migration time. The reason for that is that when
the real split happen, it is my understanding that it would be extremely
difficult to remove Krita's history from KOffice tree. The downside is that, for a
while, people interested in Krita will have to make two "git clone" call, one
to get KOffice, an other to get Krita, and the Krita developers have to
acknowledge that many koffice developers might not have the Krita repository and
therefor API adjustment would be the responsibility of Krita developers.

--
Cyrille Berger