List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Usability Topics
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-22 10:39:15

On Saturday 21. August 2010 20.08.32 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi all,
> now that I was welcomed again warmly, I am eager to start working with you.

Belayed welcome from me too :)

> First of all, we need to identify the topics/issues we will work on. If
> there  are some which you have already identified but not found a solution
> for yet, please tell me about them and who will be the ideal people to
> discuss them with.

One thing that has been bugging me (and from questions on IRC / mail and real
life, not just me) is the topic of how to set a shape background.
There currently is a tool to set a gradient and something else to set a
patterned background. I'm not entirely clear how to set a solid background
color myself...
What would be very welcome is if you can take a look at the problem of how to
set a background to one or more shapes.
One thing often forgotten is that the user should also have the ability to set
a transparant background (i.e. remove whats there).

Next to this is the problem that KPresenter and KWord can have a background for
a slide or page. Technically this is also a shape, but the user can't select
that shape so I am not sure how to make the association of the user settings to
be for the slide/page background.

Maybe you can make a design proposal that we can find a volunteer to implement,
this project would be much easier to do in a plugin and as such its something
that can be experimented with easier by anyone that may or may not be an
existing KOffice contributor.
--
Thomas Zander