List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice.org css and layout
From:       nospam () xibo ! at
Date:       2010-08-16 0:08:51

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:49:03 +0200, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I have make some modifications following your
> suggestion, in [11] and [12].
>

> On Sunday 15 August 2010, nospam@xibo.at wrote:
>> the buttons from [3] look better, than in [1].
> Hum, it is actually a bug, but yes, with a more subtle gradient it looks
> nicer.
maybe i'm a fan of simple look, but the new buttons also don't look
appealing for me. they are better though.

>> I would remove the gradient
>>  from the Lifestreem. Also the lifestream should be separated from the
>> top
>> menu imo.
> I have replaced by a light gray background. (maybe even lighter would be
> even
> better).

hm, in my mind was a seperation by space. the banner is already a quite
active area, with loads of information. i would try to "dock" it to the
right side of the layout. but i'm not a designer, so i don't know, what's
best.

>> I would try a different kind of buttons for the sub menu in [3], like
>> for
>> instance a bar similar to [8] at the top.
> Not sure, if I see what you mean. Personally, I had try to be consistent
> and
> use the same buttons for both position.

some of the site's you have posted, also are not consistent with the same
look of main menu and sub menu. the menus are navigating on another level,
so they  should be separated visually and not only by position. i wanted
to sugest a bar similar to [8], but compared to qt the sub menu is simply
a tab widget.
also here, i'm not a designer, so maybe i'm talking bullshit.

>> On my screen the gradient is a bit dazzling, i would add more grey.
> Which gradient ?
the light blue one, behind the application icons.