List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Implementation of around wrap (on both sides)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-02 17:16:26

On Thursday 29. July 2010 15.27.38 Pavol Korinek wrote:
> > On 2010-07-24 07:54:36, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > > Interesting approach. I can't test it right now, but please test that
> > > it works if more than one shape is "dividing" the text
> > >
> > > But it not bad at all if it works.
> >
> > Casper Boemann wrote:
> >     I'm pretty sure that this situation will not be handled:
> >

> >     text [BOTH SIDES SHAPE] text [BOTH SIDES SHAPE] text
>
> yes. you right. text can be only on
> left side of most left leftsided or bothsided shape
> or on
> right side of most right rightsided or bothsided shape
>
> Actually I'm working on new version, which works in general. I need to
> rewrite tryFit method. It will takes some time. Can be this patch comited
> as temporally version ? It can be deleted with my new version later.
>
> Thomas, what's your opinion an this patch ?

The concept of run-around-both is not something I think warrents any effort as
any good typography should not use it. So I don't want to put much time into
this.
For that reason your patch is just fine, you can commit it it you want and I
think its good enough as is.

The one nag I need to make is that for text-layout there should be adequate
test coverage, which means new unit tests for new features. So if you have some
time for that, that would be useful.
--
Thomas Zander