List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New shape is comming: CommentShape
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-22 6:54:55

List,

I've just commited a new shape: CommentShape. It is a shape that represents a
comment inside a presentation. So far I'm happy with the results, but I have a
few questions:
->Right now it lives in plugins/ but I wonder if, given that is KPresenter
specific, we should rename it to KPrCommentShape and move it inside
KPresenter.
->Is just not using background() and border() the proper way to ignore those
settings?
->How can I make the shape not re-sizable but fully movable? right now there's
geometryProtected but it packages both properties, which is not desirable for
my use case. (This point is important.)
What I did, for now, is just ignore setSize();
->How can I stop the text-on-shape from picking up the text:p? (This point is
*very* important.)
->How can I hide the comments and only make them visible while on a (yet to be
commited) Comment Mode (tool)? is traversing the Shapes' tree and setting its
visible property the proper way to do it?
->I'm thinking into bundling a text shape that would only be painted when the
user clicks the main CommentShape. Is this right given that this is a shape
and not a container shape? are there other solutions?
->Finally, how should I stop the user from inserting a comment while not in
Comment Mode (is this desirable?, if not how the interaction should be, allow
the addition of the comment and hide it as soon as it loses focus?)

I'd really like to hear your comments.
Thanks,
--
Carlos Licea