List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-18 7:04:47

On Sunday 18. July 2010 07.03.11 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Saturday 17 July 2010 17:18:48 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > SVN commit 1151040 by zander:
> >
> > Implement textOnShape loading
> >
> > This code is functional but might be slower than needed since we
> > check for the presence of "text:p" for all objects.
> > So a TODO is to move the call to load to the path shapes instead.
> > Just wanted to commit this before my holidays so we have the
> > functionality in place.
> >
> > BUG:239704
> > BUG:239365
> > BUG:184546
>
> after all the discussion the bug caused and the conclusion of the wise men
> council I find it rather ignorant from you to just commit this stuff even
> there was an agreement to do it otherwise. I would prefer if you would
> keep to what was agreed and not just ignore everything there.

What I understood from the decision is a choice to an approach. Based on the
code I supplied.
There was indeed the TODO I wrote above that needs to be done soon.

> I'm fine for keeping it in the broken state for now and hope to see a
> commit from you once you are back from your holidays to fix that.

The decision was about technology, not about persons. I hope we can avoid a
"thomas solution" vs. "thorsten solution" but instead call it "decoration" vs
"inheritence".
The point is that now there is a koffice wide direction for this we can all
follow it and *all* code on this. You have put a lot of time into text on shape
too, why not use your ODF expertise and help out with the open TODOs?

There is a clear understanding this needs to be fixed, and if nobody does it, I
will. I would be pleasantly surprised if someone does so in the time I'm
travelling.

Ok, now running to catch my bus to the station. :-)
--
Thomas Zander