List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: retire the koffice mailing list
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2010-06-28 22:08:32

On Monday, June 28, 2010 21:53:08 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Does it hurt to keep it?
>
> Yes, if it is not used, it means people are less likely to get answer, or
> will have to wait longer. This is why we should encourage users to
> concentrate on widely used media, such as the forum.

I too think we should keep it.

I don't think that a single mail on the ML so far has gone unanswered or kept
waiting.  Even if users often prefer forums, it's not the way to come into
contact with developers.

Even if koffice@kde.org is a user ML, there are some user questions that need
answers from developers.  This list is for those questions.