List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Call on wise men for text on shape
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-25 8:53:30

On Thursday 24. June 2010 22.27.23 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I'm not sure using decoration in that case would be the best solution.

Thanks for adding your concerns, I hope I addressed all of them in other
mails.
What I'd still really like is an answer to your question how you *would* like
to see it done.

There are some hints in your email I quoted but that leaves open a lot of
unanswered questions. Like for example how the text-on-shape would know it
should place the title under the clipped image instead of under the whole
image.
Using decoration those two features have no need to know anything about the
other creating a modular and thus maintanable codebase. I'm worried your
solution will only work if the text-on-shape knows about clipping and takes it
into account.

--
Thomas Zander