List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Call on wise men for text on shape
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-25 8:45:57

On Friday 25. June 2010 09.30.35 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > Using a decorator at least it would be a problem thats localized in the
> > model as that gets told of shapes being added/removed to it and it can
> > respond in an acceptable manner.  So it would be solved for all tools
> > doing such manipulations, not just the path tool."
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> When spitting a KoPathShape into to objects. the KoPathShape will be
> removed  from its old parent and the two new shapes will be added in the
> position of the old one.
> So if there is now a decoration container which implements text on shape
> on  top of that the decoration container will contain 2 path shapes and on
> text shape and that is not what it should look like.

As I wrote above; the model gets told of shapes being added/removed and it can
respond in an acceptable manner.
Solving this is determinate and conceptually logical because there is one
specific, pre-deteremined place where this is solved. For not only this but for
any situation of this kind. Thats the advantage of having a model.

This really is not a problem, the design of KoShapeContainerModel is made to
handle this using the call back methods I pasted earlier in this thread;
void containerChanged(KoShapeContainer *container, KoShape::ChangeType type)
void proposeMove(KoShape *shape, QPointF &move);
void childChanged(KoShape *shape, KoShape::ChangeType type);

--
Thomas Zander